Consumption trends of board sports items in Europe
Study on the consumption trends of board sports items by 15-35 year olds and on the awareness of board sports brands and riders in seven European countries (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, United Kingdom, Switzerland) conducted between September 2009 and September 2010.
Study only available in English
Questionnaire administered by internet to surf, snowboard, skateboard practitioners and non-practitioners.
- 4200 consumers aged 15 to 35 years.
- 7 countries: France, Germany, United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Switzerland.
- 600 respondents per country.
- 50% men, 50% women.
- 2 age groups: 50% 15-25 years, 50% 25-35 years.
- 50% practicing, 50% not practicing.
The practitioner is defined as follows: individual who has purchased during the last 12 months at least two technical products from the following categories by type of activity (surfing, snowboarding, skateboarding): Surfing (board shorts, wetsuit, leash, pad, fins, lycra, wax, board), Snowboarding (boots, bindings, board), Skateboarding (decks, bearings, trucks, grip, protections).
- 3 geographical areas: 1/3 urban areas (large cities), 1/3 coastal area, 1/3 mountain area.
About Arcane Institut : Arcane Institut is an independent research institute specialized in online quantitative studies.
Deliverable: A Power Point presentation detailing the key points of the study (129 pages).