Description du poste
Hoff Distribution, an international board sports and outdoor distributor is looking for a Purchasing Assistant to join its’ dynamic team in Bayonne.
Reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager the Purchasing Assistant will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of all files, documents and data necessary for the smooth running of the Purchasing Department. The role is multi-faceted and requires a comprehensive skill set from a candidate that speaks English and French fluently.
Your principle, daily activities will consist of the following:
- Over-all management of the Purchasing Department database
- The communication of product specification sheets to suppliers with confirmation of coherent pricing
- Creation and update of the Purchasing Manager’s price work files, the uploading of all product information and prices into our IT system
- Monthly provision of product/stock statistics for reporting to the Purchasing Manager
- Preparation of all supplier purchase orders for sending to suppliers
- Placement of orders with suppliers ensuring that delivery dates fall within the required time restrictions for the business
- Provision of assistance with logistics on a daily basis
The successful candidate will be:
- Fluent in spoken and written English and French, other languages a plus
- Highly motivated and able to perform in a fast moving, international workplace
- Educated to degree level (preferable not essential)
- Have a proven track record in purchasing and or international business
- Demonstrate the capacity to deal with a heavy administrative workload in a diligent and rigorous manner
- Be available for an immediate start
If you are interested in this position please send your CV and covering letter to Jeremy Evans.