Description du poste
Company: RIP CURL, a surf brand well known for its products and its philosophy, employs 150 people, all driven by the RIP CURL spirit and passion for board sports. RIP CURL was created in AUSTRALIA by two surfers eager for waves and eager to design the best products for board sports enthusiasts. Our philosophy pushes us to be innovative, in order to allow practitioners to live the Search with technical and adequate products.
As the leader of the UK territory the role is responsible for energizing and inspiring staff to fulfil the Company Vision and withhold the Company Principles & Values to deliver on agreed strategic priorities to achieve budgeted sales.
Title : Sales Manager UK (W/M)
Reports to : Head of Sales Europe
Main Purpose and Major Challenges of the Role: Work with the Head of Sales Europe to ensure global strategies in these areas are executed on the local markets.
- Lead the sales team to achieve sales budgets by product category and geographical territory. Grow our wholesale sales account base.
- Have a clear view of the brand potential to drive a long term profitable business on a local market. Set the right HR & tools organization to maximize the brand potential in the respect of the long term business strategy.
- Create a strong brand connection with the local strategic accounts. Set a dedicated sales program to each strategic account.
- Ensure to the brand the right representation thru the retailer network. Create a dedicated branded stores network with local partners. Look for new business opportunities linked to the brand values.
- Manage training sessions with the sales team and the accounts. Set local target by sales rep/agents season by season.
- Work closely with the Customer service & the Credit control teams to ensure a fluent day to day business within the local accounts.
- Define the product priorities by distribution channel, accounts, sales reps in order to maximize market potential & resources.
- Sell & promote the product innovations thru the right distribution channels. Ensure to each new program a strong local pre-launch on the market and an efficient follow up (POP, window …) thru the retailer network. Connect the accounts/consumers with the innovative products.
- Customize & optimize the International/European marketing plan to the local market in the respect of the brand long term strategy.
- Use & maximize the euro/local resources (Event, Team, POP…). Ensure a real ROI in each marketing actions. Set & organize local roots events to connect the accounts base to the brand.
- Ensure a great brand presentation in-store & in the Rip Curl showrooms.
- Manage & follow up the local P&L: optimize expenses & respect the company policy. Follow up the local budget & profitability ratios. Optimize & follow up local margin/GP & contribution.
- Manage local terms and discounts policy. Ensure a profitable GP aligned to the Group requirement/targets.
- Work closely with European operations department to optimize delivery costs, strategic accounts requirements.
- Ensure a monthly business report to the GM Europe with a particular focus on the strategic accounts
- Manage yearly/quarterly/monthly products & sales forecasts and expenses forecasts.
- Qualification, qualities & experience requirements :
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a sales management role
- Track record of driving business to exceed sales targets & budgets
- Proven experience & success in coaching & developing Sales teams Brand & Product sensibility
- Understanding of and connection to the board sports industry
- Brand and Products sensibility, Market knowledge
- Determination & commitment to success
- Ability to charismatically engage & lead.
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
Rip Curl is committed to a diverse, equative and inclusive workplace