Description du poste
Rip Curl is a brand for, and about, the Crew on The Search. The products we make, the events we run, the riders we support, and the values we strive to uphold… this is all part of the Search that Rip Curl is on.
Rip Curl, the Ultimate Surfing Company.
The position :
The eCommerce & Marketplace Planner/Buyer role will be responsible for planning, buying, and managing the product life cycle of all Rip Curl product categories for Europe eCommerce website, as well as the marketplaces business.
This role is responsible for developing and executing online merchandising strategies by channel that maximize sales, margin, and inventory turnover, while ensuring we showcase Rip Curl’s brand and products. Providing a premium online customer experience is critical to this role’s mission. This role will also support any online/retail omnichannel strategy execution.
This is a permanent contract/full-time position located in Hossegor, France
The main duties & major challenges of the role:
• Meet or exceed all financial goals including sales, margin, sell thru%, inventory targets.
• Partner with PM’s to influence and guide the regional line architecture during range review meetings to include eCommerce and marketplace specific product needs; recommendations will be provided on:
• Style and SKU count by category
• Key perennials and best sellers needed
• Segmentation of styles across inline, speed-to-market, supplements, collabs, and long-lifecycle
• Create seasonal eCommerce & marketplace purchase plans by Division & Category.
• Compile/organize selling and purchasing history, sell-through performance, and future range offering to develop and present seasonal buying strategy.
• Partner with Operation Manager and Global Planning to provide annual and monthly phasing targets.
• Weekly, monthly, and seasonal data analysis and presentations.
• Manage the inventory levels for eCommerce and marketplaces, providing course of action on reorders of top sellers and increases/decreases on receipts for future seasons
• Provide analysis on eCommerce & marketplaces selling and reporting weekly/monthly to leadership
• Partner closely with eCommerce and marketplaces team to provide insight on selling, with recommendations on featured top sellers, key trends, and brand marketed campaigns; these sales analysis will be used for e-mails, homepage features, site placement, and marketing calendar shifts
• Responsible for eCommerce and marketplaces stock management and all-pre-season allocations
• Responsible for seasonal, chase & reorder buys as needed to achieve planned sales and maximize gross margin
• Manage purchase order entry and order file maintenance process for E-commerce & marketplaces
- 3+ years’ experience in forecasting, planning, or buying.
- Previous experience working in multi-channel and/or multi-brand eCommerce
- Experience utilizing merchandise systems (retail and/or eCommerce) preferred
- Surf industry experience a plus
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher from a Business school or engineering school, ideally combined with a Master degree in purchasing
- Fluent in English (mandatory)